12/15/08

Taipei

Well, it has been a while my fellow readers, and for that I apologise dearly. I thank you so much for your continued support despite the fact that I am away teaching on a very busy schedule!

All is well here in good old Taipei, it is cold, I'm cold and most of the kids in my class are down and out with a cold! I am really coming to the conclusion that with the onset of this Taiwanese winter, I don't like the cold at all! That is why I am hoping to take a holiday somewhere warm during my next vacation period.

School is good. I won't lie being a teacher is tough work. One thing I've come to realize over these four months is that teaching really tests my patients on all levels, especially in preschool. But none the less I really love my kids and despite the runny noses, dirty hands and weird eating habits they really make my day and I am so glad I'm such an important part of their life right now.

Other then that all is well. Christmas is coming up and again, like most years, it's just starting to feel like another day. However, it is so nice to share this holiday with the little ones. Today we decorated Christmas ornaments which will will tape onto a paper tree. HOW CUTE! Also I am in the midst of teaching them the song, "Frosty The Snowman." It sounds like a verbal mess, but rest assured come Christmas we will be sounding like angles!

1 comment:

Jen said...

how did the little ones sound by Christmas?