7/27/09

The Little Island I called home


It has been a while since my last post, allow me to bring you up to speed! Yes, you all know I've been away teaching my little heart out, but I'm back and I'm ready for something new, however I have no idea what that something is right now!
My last week in Taipei was amazing. I spent it in the city that'd been so good to me this past year. I threw a party for my class and I have to say it was quite sad to part with the: WOODPECKERS. I watched them grow so much, as I have to say it was quite rewarding to listen to kid's, who's English wasn't the greatest, talk my ear off day in and day out! The Woodpeckers taught me so much this year, going to work every day and seeing them really brought an added spark to my time amidst the little island I called home.

I hope if anything I inspired my class to be great people. Everyday I tried hard to to tell them how awesome they are and how awesome I know they will be. It is amazing to me working with little kids, you see things in them that you never thought you could, and for each and everyone of my students I saw amazing things!
I also had to say goodbye to some really awesome people, working and socializing with them really made my time in Taiwan awesome. Teacher Ana, Teacher Jessica, Teacher Clare and Teacher Vicky. For some of us we did however manage to enjoy our last few hours together at school with a late night dinner and some games with our class.

One person imparticular I owe a lot of thanks to is Tina. WOW, without her I couldn't have done a lot of things. She was so helpful, from helping me to find an apartment to being a good friend!

Anyway it feels good to be back home. In my time away I learned a lot as I not only traveled through Taiwan, but through Thailand by myself during Chinese New Year, I also flew to Cairo for a break to visit family and friends, and I really matured as I took care of the responsibilities I had to take care of, and all the while I managed to have fun!

2 comments:

Christina Yeong said...

Jacqui! Funny how I came to your blog, I haven't visited in ages! I was soooo speechless when I saw what you wrote! I really miss you and... it feels so wierd without you in Taiwan.

Aww.. you're so sweet! I am honored to help you, thats what friends are for! I love you as always! <3

Jackie said...

Tina!

How are you? Miss you lots! Yes, you were for sure such a help when I was in Taiwan!

I hope you're having a great summer and lots of love to ya!