5/6/08

6 Days and Counting: Egypt The Land of Pharaohs


I have this vision of myself. 2003, October a hot Egyptian morning. I'm standing on the Giza Plateau in front of some of the worlds most magnificent structures ever built, it's our last day in Egypt and I feel this inner sadness, I don't want to go home.

Never in my WILDEST dreams would I imagine visiting one of the most sought after seven wonders of the world twice in a life time. Never in my WILDEST dreams would I imagine sailing down the Nile, watching the sun set and thinking 'I wonder if I'll ever make it back here again?'

Well, here I go again. Egypt, the beginning of creation and the land of the Pharaohs. I am really excited for the trip, we leave in six days, this Monday May 13Th, and even though I have been there before I don't know what to expect this time around. All I do know is this, Egypt is such a vast and mysterious country, to think you could explore the beauty of the land during one trip, I will tell you this, 'You're fooling yourself!'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah JACKIE!!!

i don't know if you'll read this comment but i am so jealous of your egypt travels!

it's on my list of things to see before i die==
that and ride a camel of course!

hope things are going well in your world darlin'

Karin